Voting is now open for the Microscopy Today 2021 Micrograph Awards! Cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award.
Don’t miss out on the discounted registration fee for M&M2021!
The Early Bird registration rate deadline was extended to June 15, 2021. Register by this Tuesday and save money at all registration levels.
Each year the MAS supports students to attend the Microscopy and Microanalysis annual meeting. The M&M scholar awards are conferred for outstanding papers contributed to the Microscopy & Microanalysis (M&M) meeting, which are competitively judged based upon the quality of the submitted paper.
Please join us for a Panel Discussion on Mentoring for an Inclusive M&M Community.
Featuring: Treva Brown, Deb Kelly, Vinayak Dravid, and Grace Burke
Tuesday, August 4, 12-1 CDT
Submit questions in advance to inclusiveM2@the-mas.org, or live by chat window
The virtual M&M 2020 schedule is out now! https://www.microscopy.org/Man
Have a look at the meeting website: https://www.microscopy.org/Man
To register for the ‘Preparing for M&M’ webinar, presented by the Microscopy Society Student Council on July 16 at 4 p.m. (EDT), go to:
Dear MSA and MAS Members,
We are very excited to provide the MSA and MAS communities with a virtual Microscopy & Microanalysis meeting the first week in August 2020!
We are working hard to deliver a great virtual meeting on a very tight timescale. Many of you are eager to learn the details as soon as possible so that you can plan accordingly. Please be patient as we work through those details, and make them available to you as early as we can.
One excellent upside of the move to a virtual meeting is that the costs to the societies and members can be kept low, with no travel expenses and dramatically reduced registration rates. This provides an excellent opportunity for those with tight budgets to participate this year, and hear from many scientists and vendors in this new virtual format.
Registration will open within the next few weeks (look for a notification in your email inbox and on the website).
Here is a Sneak Preview of the reduced new rates:
- MSA/MAS Member Rate: $75.00
- Non-Member Rate: $150.00
- Student/Post-doc/Emeritus Rate: $20.00
We look forward to seeing you online.
Esther and Rhonda
Esther Bullitt, President MSA
Rhonda Stroud, President MAS
NOTICE as of Thursday, May 7, 2020
Due to ongoing health concerns related to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as global and organizational travel restrictions and other concerns shared by the M&M community in recent surveys, MSA and MAS have decided to cancel the in-person meeting originally scheduled for August 2-6, 2020 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. We anticipate evolving the M&M 2020 Meeting content into a virtual (completely online) meeting in its place. More information will be shared with the M&M community as soon as it becomes available.
MSA/MAS Member volunteers, Association headquarters staff, and the M&M Meeting and Exhibits Management teams are already hard at work addressing the many specifics that would be inherent to this change. Details will be communicated as they become available, including firm virtual meeting dates and times, and more specific content information (if applicable). We appreciate your patience as this is a very large and multifaceted task.
- If you have already registered for the M&M 2020 Meeting: your registration refund via the original payment method will be processed within the next 2 – 4 weeks. There is no need to contact the M&M Registrar regarding this matter unless you do not see that your refund has been processed in that timeframe. Registration fees and information for an online-only meeting (if applicable) will be shared as soon as possible.
- If you made a hotel reservation in Milwaukee via the official M&M housing provider (mmhousing.org): your reservation will be cancelled automatically within the next 24-48 hours and you will receive notification of the cancellation. No fees will be charged regarding your hotel cancellation. No action is required on your part.
- If you booked accommodations through a different website (a hotel website, or a booking site such as expedia.com, hotels.com, or kayak.com, or through your own travel agency), you will need to contact your hotel or travel provider and cancel your reservation directly.
- If you are an M&M 2020 Meeting exhibitor: Exhibiting company contacts will be receiving detailed information directly from the Exhibits Manager as soon as possible regarding their available options. We understand that connecting attendees with innovative exhibitors is a critical component of this meeting; please know that member volunteers and the Meeting and Exhibits Management teams are investigating worthwhile alternatives for a virtual conference. More on that very soon.
- If you have already booked air tickets to Milwaukee, we suggest that you contact your airline to investigate the cancellation options available to you.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Again, we thank you for your patience, continued support, and understanding in these unexpected circumstances. We will be in touch with important updates as soon as possible!
Esther Bullitt, President, Microscopy Society of America
Rhonda Stroud, President, Microanalysis Society
Huolin Xin, M&M 2020 Program Chair
The MSA and MAS leadership are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely. At this time, we continue to plan for the M&M 2020 meeting in Milwaukee, August 2-6. We remain watchful and mindful of everyone’s health and well-being, but also focused on delivering a highly-anticipated and important event for the M&M community.
The M&M 2020 Early Registration deadline has been pushed back to July 1, 2020, to allow for maximum planning flexibility. Because the news surrounding and effects of the pandemic are changing daily, we encourage you to wait to register and/or make travel plans until after May 1. At that time, we hope to be able to more effectively analyze the situation as it relates to summertime events and travel.
The effect of COVID-19 on event planning is a rapidly-evolving situation. MSA and MAS Leadership are aware that many upcoming conferences have been canceled or postponed, and that several organizations and universities have enacted travel bans for the 2nd quarter.
MSA and MAS Leadership have determined that it is too early to make changes for August. The Microscopy & Microanalysis (M&M) community will be informed immediately if any changes or decisions are made that will affect M&M 2020, but as of today, all plans regarding M&M 2020 in August in Milwaukee, WI are moving forward as scheduled. Note that should the event be postponed, registration fees will be transferred to the re-scheduled event, and if M&M 2020 is canceled, registration fees will be refunded.
Join your scientific peers at the premier annual educational event that brings together the fields of microscopy and microanalysis. Save on registration fees at the member rate when you join or renew!
Don’t forget to submit an abstract to one of the 29 symposia happening during M&M2020, the premier microscopy education and networking event of the year. Due to the new submission site used this year to collect papers, M&M2020 is extending the deadline.
Submission for papers is now open until Monday, February 24, 2020 by 11:59 PST!
Find out more about M&M2020 here and join us in Milwaukee, Wisconsin!