The Joseph Goldstein Scholar Award application consists of four parts:
1. 1 page proposal that includes the following information
- Applicant Name: Micro Analyst (MAS Member)
- Affiliation / Contact info: Department X, Esteemed University or Laboratory, Anytown, AnyCountry. Telephone #, email address.
- Activity to be funded: List (1) name and date of training course or (2) type of microanalysis measurement to be made and name of host institution and principal investigator.
- Activity Details: Provide a ~ 500 word description of the task to be completed. For training courses, provide a statement of what skills the course addresses, and the perceived impact of the new skills on the applicant’s on-going or future research. For travel for microanalysis, provide a statement of how the measurements will impact the applicant’s on-going or future research, and how the measurements will advance the state-of-the –art in microanalysis. If possible, also include a statement of how the collaboration benefits the host institution, e.g., the applicant brings unique samples that broaden the research of the host PI.
2. 1 page CV
3. Letter of Support from the Applicant’s Organization: a brief letter of support from the applicant’s advisor or supervisor
4. Letter of Support from the Hosting Organization: a brief letter of support from the host institution / PI.
Parts 1, 2 and 3 should be emailed directly from the applicant to gscholar-at-microprobe.org. Part 4 should be emailed by the host to gscholar-at-microprobe.org.
The deadlines for applications are November 1 and May 1 of each year.
Award notification will be made by December 15 and June 15.