AReS Tour Speakers
MAS provides interesting technical speakers for meetings of its Affiliated Regional Societies (AReS). The MAS-Sponsored Speakers and the titles of their talks are shown below. View the speakers’ abstract and bio by clicking on the links.
Newest MAS Sponsored Speaker:
- Michelle Thompson, MAS director 2020-2022, “From Atomic Scales to Asteroidal Surfaces: Using Microanalytical Techniques to Understanding Surfaces across the Solar System”
Previous MAS Sponsored Speakers:
- Thomas Kelly, MAS president 2014-2016, “Applications of Atom Probe Tomography Across the Materials Spectrum” OR “Toward Atomic Scale Tomography”
- Masashi Watanabe, MAS president 2016-2018, Lehigh University, “Theoretical Evaluation of Atomic-Resolution X-ray Analysis toward Quantification. ”
- Rhonda Stroud, MAS president, 2018-2020, Naval Research Laboratory, “The Universe is my nano-fab: scanning transmission electron microscopy of carbonaceous nanomaterials“
- Edward Vincenzi, Smithsonian Institution, “Desert Varnish in the Political Swamp: Nanoscale Mn-oxide deposits on Architectural Stone, Washington, DC” and “From Portable to SEM-based XRF: Complementing Electron-based X-ray Microanalysis”
Remember that all arrangements by Affiliated Regional Societies for MAS-Sponsored Speaker Program must be made through the MAS AReS Director. If the designated MAS-Sponsored Speakers are not appropriate for your meeting, please contact the AReS Director to discuss alternative arrangements. A specific speaker can be requested. The only requirements are that the speaker is a MAS member in good standing and willing to make the trip.
Any suggestions for the MAS-Sponsored Speaker Program are welcomed. This program belongs to the Society membership, and we want to remain flexible in our approach to the program so that the regional societies benefit from our rich and varied member-based expertise.