The organizing committee and Microanalysis Society are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). As of today, we intend to proceed with the conference as planned, but we have decided to temporarily pause registration in order to minimize any potential inconvenience to attendees. The wellbeing of all attendees is our primary concern, and a final decision on whether to proceed with the conference will be made no later than April 1st, following guidance from the CDC and the University of Michigan. If the conference goes ahead, both the registration and abstract deadlines will be extended until at least May 1st. If, on the other hand, we cannot host EBSD 2020 on the planned dates, the topical conference will be postponed until May/June 2021, with refunds offered to all current registrants.